5 Ways to Make Vision Easier
We had an excellent question from a reader about one of our blogs: Seeing – Is It a Gift or a Skill?
I was especially blessed to find the note was from a sister in Christ who lives in South America. My husband and I had visited Silvia’s beautiful country a few years ago and her message brought back fond memories of our time spent there.
I’ve included her original question below, along with the recommendations I shared. I trust this conversation will be helpful to others as well!
Question: How can I make seeing vision less difficult?
Hi, Charity, my name is Silvia. I’m from Argentina. Sorry for my English but this is my second language!!! I’ve been reading some of your books, listening, and watching most of your videos. It´s incredible but after thirty years of been born again what you are teaching is giving me a new dimension of God´s love.
My first encounter with the Lord was absolutely supernatural and those were my first ten years walking with Him. I was baptized in the Spirit soon after that, cast out demons, prayed for healing and also prayed for a baby who was dead and raised. After that, I suppose, I began pursuing too much study and supernatural life vanish in the air while working hard in the church and preparing in ministry.
But deep in my heart I knew there was another way of living Christian life (1 Cor. 2:9). When we cannot reach the biblical promises seek human responses to justify our lack of faith. I regret having let the enemy fool me leaving the Father’s desire that I live the abundant life Jesus promised.
When I read people living all of what the Bible says I’m sure that’s also for me. I wanted to thank infinitely to be such a blessing and a renewal and take this opportunity to ask you a question, how I can do to make the theme of the visions not be so difficult? Sometimes I could “see in spirit” but it is not always easy and not know how to handle it. Could you suggest something? Praying to meet you soon!!! Blessings!
Answer: Practice, practice, practice!
Hi Silvia! Thank you so much for writing – it’s wonderful to hear the journey Holy Spirit has you on. I’m honored to be a little part of that!
I love those verses in 1 Corinthians 2 as well, because you’re right – there is MORE. It’s exciting to hear how the Lord used you supernaturally to heal others and bring a baby back to life. Praise God! I encourage you to remember those awesome feelings of being used by Him in powerful ways and re-experience that faith and glory in the memories of your heart and mind. Allow your spirit to be reminded of those amazing emotions of equipping power, excited hope and supernatural joy. And live into them all over again!
1. Your question about practicing seeing in the spirit realm is excellent, and I have several suggestions: The easiest thing you can do is imagine Bible stories. As you read through the gospels, picture yourself there with Jesus as He’s multiplying the food and walking on water and playing with the children. Invite Holy Spirit to take over these godly imaginations and the eyes of your heart will be enlightened to see more and more clearly into the supernatural world that permeates this material one. (See Ephesians 1:16-18 and 2 Corinthians 4:18.)
2. Also understand that dreams are visions that we have at night while we sleep, so ask the Lord to give you His dreams when you go to bed. When you wake up, go back to the dream and ponder those pictures, and feel the emotions you experienced in the dream (ie, love, empowerment, faith). Practice building your inner spiritual eye muscles by meditating on those visions of the night. (See Psalm 119:148 and Job 33:14-18.)
3. Another extremely effective tool is to use the devotional prayer journey, A Stroll Along the Sea of Galilee. Anointed music and guided meditation help set the scene with you and Jesus walking together beside the still waters. You can download it free here: www.cwgministries.org/galilee. (See Psalm 16:8 and Hebrews 12:2.)
4. Remember who you are! You are created in God’s image and He is Spirit, so you are spirit also. The supernatural realm is what you were created to live into naturally. In the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve easily interacted with the spiritual world as they conversed with other spirit beings and walked with the Lord in the cool of the day. That was His initial plan and intention. So realize seeing in the spirit is part of God’s original blueprint and design. He made you to see Him, so feel how wonderful it would be to walk in the Garden with Him and experience how peaceful and joyful you would be in that place. Then in the kingdom of your heart, step into it! (See Genesis 3 and John 4:24.)
5. Lastly, as you practice the art of looking into the spirit realm, sing and pray in the Spirit. The kingdom of heaven is within so we want to connect deeply with the river of Living Water that flows from our innermost being. Jesus lives in our hearts (not our heads!) and by praying in tongues we shift down into our spirits, which are joined to His Spirit, and we are able to live into heaven and live out of it that much more easily. (See John 7:37-39, Ephesians 3:17 and 1 Corinthians 6:17.)
If you would like to be led into your own personal interaction with Jesus and His heavenly hosts, I invite you to experience our biblical visionary meditation here. We have received many exciting testimonies from this as it incorporates the above tips, Scriptures, and soaking music into one powerful encounter in the sacred supernatural. Your testimony could be next!
Read more about visions here!